Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Stupid Emotions



I believe it was Larry David that said "You know who wears sunglasses inside?  Blind people and assholes."

I'd like to add a third category to the esteemed Mr. David's list:  People who walk into Yello Sub to pick up a sandwich, five minutes after saying goodbye to some great friends and their four-year-old son before they move to Rhode Island, and they're still tearing up a bit and they don't want anyone to see them because they're a GROWN-ASS MAN. 

I know it detracts from the brevity of the original quote, but I feel it has some accuracy.

Take care, Leedahl family.  (Actually, mostly just Finn and Skye-- Lane can get bent for all I care.)

Side note: counting this and my wedding speech, that's twice I've been choked up in public in two months.  Am I pregnant or something?  Is Teens and all her crying during TV shows (about 20 times through 17 epsiodes of Season 1 of One Tree Hill the last few weeks) starting to rub off on me?  Did I suppress my feelings after KU blew that lead in the Sweet 16, and now they're leaking out all over the place?  Questions abound.