Tuesday, May 14, 2013

WIGGINS!




A classic case that does a good job of spelling out where my life priorities lie most of the time:

Andrew Wiggins, by most accounts the best high school basketball prospect since LeBron, announced this morning that he would be attending The University of Kansas.  Shortly after, my buddy Lanny (one of the guys I share KU season tickets with) popped into my office to say what up. He hadn't seen me since the wedding, so understandably, the first thing he said was "Congratulations!"

To which I responded "I know dude! WIGGINS!"

In my defense, it was only about 20 minutes after the announcement, so I was still on my Wiggins high.  But seriously, at that moment, I had absolutely no idea why else Lanny would be congratulating me.  Dude, my wedding was DAYS ago, quit living in the past!  It's Wiggins Day today!

The other awesome part was that Lanny hadn't heard about Wiggins yet, so I had just broken the news to him. His facial expression was priceless; I think he would've had less of a reaction if I had told him I got left at the altar.

Anyway, moral of the story:  my wedding was the biggest event in my life...for three days.  Now it's back to my normal life, which constitutes caring way too much about sports.  Wiggins, you never returned your RSVP.....but you sure did come through with a great wedding gift!