Monday, May 13, 2013

P.V.B.




Also known as Post Vacation Blues.  I've got them bad today.  It was an unbelievable week, and now I'm paying for it mentally (being bummed out that I have no idea when, if ever, I'll have that many friends in the same place, at the same time, in that nice of a location, for that long); physically (I never slept more than three hours in a night, never had less than six drinks in a day, and the morning after the wedding we drove 17 hours straight back to Kansas); and literally (the value of money has ceased to hold any meaning at this point...let's just say I picked a bad year to not hit the winner of the Kentucky Derby). 

In short, I am a shell of a human being right now.

In the upset of the century, I was starting to get choked up during my speech, while Teens, who cries 3-5 times during any given episode of Teen Mom 2, somehow didn't cry at all during the ceremony or speeches.  As a result, I cut myself off and got the hell off the stage, and as a result didn't get to properly thank the following groups of people:

- Everybody who helped out with general wedding stuff when it was not at all part of their duties: Jared, Smapes, Manada, LZE, Alyssa, Katie, Amanda-- as well as everyone who helped take down chairs, set up decorations, clean up tables, etc. etc. etc.

- Everybody who went above and beyone their duties:  My parents were champs last week.  Moms held shit down all week, and the Big Fella never hesitated to chauffeur people when he could've been laying by the pool instead.  Lane did a fantastic job officiating; he should definitely look into that as a career option.  Schne and JonJon had plenty of responsibilities as ushers, and with a little help from their women and a lot of hustle, knocked it out of the park.

- All the wedding party and guests: a lot of times you look at pictures of destination weddings and you see like 8 people there....let's just say we were extremely blessed.  You guys are all awesome.

***************

I'll try to throw some stories together later this week....I just need a couple days to focus on not dying from Florida withdrawal.  Yesterday I put on my swim trunks, made myself a marg, poured a couple buckets of salt into the small creek that runs behind my house, and tried to re-create drinking and swimming in the ocean....didn't quite work out.  Worth a shot though.