Thursday, April 4, 2013

Babysitting 101





If you have a little kid, and I happen to hang out with him, and there is a basketball hoop involved....the first thing I'm going to teach him is not going to be dribbling, or proper shooting form, or a defensive stance, or anything related to the fundamentals of the game.  None of that.  Without exception, the first lesson will be how to yell "GET OFF ME!" when throwing down a monster dunk.  That, friends, is a Jum Hammonds Babysitting Guarantee.

(Also, if I may, I'd like to give myself props for my photography skills on the above picture.  It's a tiny bit blurry because I blew up the size for the blog, but the timing was just immaculate.  Finn was running across the driveway full speed when he was dunking, like MJ in the dunk contest, and I overcame my lack of iphone photography experience and caught the big fella right in mid-flush.  He's got his elbow in the rim like Vince Carter, son!  This should be on the cover of Sports Illustrated, with one of their classic play-on-words captions like "Finn-credible!" or "There's Only One Rule in the Leedahl Household:  Finn Or Go Home").