Thursday, March 28, 2013

Elliott Here, I'm Ready To Play!




I can't pretend that my mind isn't anywhere besides the tip-off at 6:37 tomorrow evening, so I'm not going to try to blog otherwise.  I hate the four days in-between the Round of 32 and the Sweet 16, when all you can do is freak out about the upcoming matchup, but yet you're expected to go to work and be a functioning member of society?  It's bogus.  I'm sitting here on my lunch break watching last year's KU/Carolina Elite 8 game on youtube for good luck, and getting ripped on by the ladies in the office.  What do you want from me.

I've been wondering if KU's game vs. Michigan isn't a little bit of "Be careful what you wish for."  Before the tournament, I was deathly afraid of what VCU's press could do to KU.  As a result, I was a huuuuge Michigan fan while I was watching their second-round matchup.  But then as the game went on, and the Wolverines kept on absolutely drilling VCU, I was starting to wonder how badly I should want KU to play them.  This is, after all, a Michigan team that was ranked in the top 5 most of the season, and only a couple of really tough Big 10 losses at the end of the year dropped them to a #4 seed.  So now, predictably, I'm scared to play Michigan.  I don't know, maybe I should just quit thinking I'm going to be anything but terrified this time of year.  KU could win the title five years in a row, winning every game by a 20-point margin, and I'd still sit here going "I dunno, KU usually struggles in dome games, plus I don't think the style that Central Connecticut State plays is a great match-up for KU.  We could have a battle on our hands."

Whatever.  It's March.

Also, my gambling tip of the day:  remember to bet on Arizona, they're covering like gangbusters lately, and even when they don't cover, it's worth it just to spend 2 hours yelling "W!  I!  L!  D!   CATS!....W!  I!  L!  D!   WILDCATS!"  You can't put a price on that type of fun.