Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Now THIS Is A Trick Shot Video

I am so over trick shot videos.  They've all been done before, in all different styles.  When they first became popular, they were a ton of fun to watch.  Sign me up.  Gimme the link.  I'll watch all of them.  If you can mix in some bad 80's music and poke fun at yourself like Mark Titus' classic video, even better.  Also, back in our old apartment complex from when we first moved to Lawrence, DVJS, James and I once spent a couple of hours launching shots from third-story balconies onto the basketball hoops below us (3rd Story Glory!) and that was a lot of fun.  A quite enjoyable afternoon, I must say.





But after dozens and dozens of videos, I had about seen it all.  Don't link me to another trick shot video, dude.  I don't care.  I don't care that this guy got Oklahoma's starting QB to throw in some full court shots with a football.  I don't care that a rugby player is getting a tryout to be the New York Jets' kicker after he posted his video. I especially don't care that Kyle Singler put together his own lame trick shot video, that guy sucks.  I don't care, I don't care, I don't care.

HOWEVER.  This video is awesome.  And, as surely as I type this today, it's going to launch a massive wave of trick shot videos from toddlers all over the world, none of which are as good as the original, and in another six months, I'll probably be blogging about how annoying these little kid videos are, and how people have enough ways to brag about their kids without flooding the youtube trick shot video market.  But I'm not so cold-hearted that I can't enjoy the hell out of this today.  Hopefully you can too.