Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Mystery Solved



I have been tremendously enjoying the song 'Little Secrets' by Passion Pit for a few months now, but every time I heard it, something was tugging at the back of my brain.  Why did this song sound so strangely familiar?  Why did it cut right to the core of me?

Finally it hit me:  it sounded like the song from after you beat the game in Streets of Rage 2.  Now I might like Passion Pit even more.




Also, Streets of Rage is one of those games that I rarely play solo; we pretty much only dust it off when a North Dakota friend comes to visit.  We inevitably fire it up at 2am for old times' sake, beat the game, then send off a round of texties- for proof, of course.  The last time this occurred, when Paul came to visit last February, I sent off the equivalent of the screen shot below at about 6:30 in the morning.  Back in the day, the picture texts we'd be sending each other in the wee hours after drinking all night were usually, ahem, a bit more scandalous....but we all have to grow up sometime, right?  (Please ignore for the moment that by "growing up" I'm talking about playing Sega Genesis after a night of boozing here.)

Anyway, now I'm all hot and bothered about Streets of Rage right now, but the timing works out OK, since Morley and Beaker are coming to visit this weekend, and the probability is high that Morley and I get our Sega on, while Beaker and Teens drink wine and talk about being engaged or Channing Tatum or menstrual cycles or whatever it is that girls talk about.  Fundy, Easy E, Paul, Noles, etc....get ready for a blurry photo of Axel and Max standing over a fallen Mr. X sometime this weekend.  I know you're trembling with anticipation.