Tuesday, December 4, 2012

30 Years Old In Body, If Not Necessarily In Spirit

I turned 30 on Sunday, and did way too much boozing and not nearly enough sleeping last weekend, and so I've been feeling closer to 50 than 30 the last couple days.

But reading the Facebook status of a certain uncle of a friend yesterday, I was, however briefly, made to feel young again.  (For our purposes, we'll call him Randy S.  No, wait, that's too obvious.  Let's go with R. St. Aubyn.)  Here's his status:

I can't believe how low some people are getting. I get home from work tonight and baby Jesus is missing from our nativity set out in front of our house.


Upon reading this, what was my immediate emotion?

A.  Outrage at the offending party
B.  Shame for my role in a Baby Jesus robbery spree 11 years ago
C.  OHHH SHIT, THAT'S HILARIOUS, SON!
D.  Nostalgia for the good old days
E.  Both C and D

The answer being, of course, E.  Really, I do feel sorry for Randy (even though he is a K-State fan who blows up my Facebook wall every chance he gets, which for college basketball ends up being once every seven years or so) but you know what?  People stealing Baby Jesuses (Jesii?) from nativity scenes still makes me giggle a little bit. I'm not quite mature enough to resist laughing at that.

So maybe I'm not all 30 years old yet.  Still seriously hungover, though.