Friday, June 1, 2012

Once Again, I'm An Idiot



You can file this under "I'm a Star Wars nerd" or "I constantly have awkward interactions with my co-workers", whichever you feel like.

Co-worker (who is a woman in her late 40's, just to clarify): Oh! Jum, I forgot to tell you, last Sunday I watched Star Wars!

Me, instantly excited and 100% engaged in the conversation: All six of them? NICE! I've been meaning to have a day like that, it's been too long since I've had a Star Wars day.  Damn I miss those, we used to have them in college all the time.

Co-worker, confused and slightly taken aback: Well, no...not all six. What?  I just watched like half an hour of the first one, I thought of you.  Wait, what?  All six in one day?

Me: Oh!....oh. Well yeah, I guess that makes more sense.  Let's change the subject and pretend I didn't just say that.

Co-worker:  Gladly.