Friday, September 17, 2010

(Missing) Raaaaaaaandy!

>> Gigantic, colossal failure on my part this week. I started really getting into Aziz Ansari around a year and a half ago, when I saw this clip online. At that time, I only recognized him as 'the Indian dude from Human Giant.' But I was hooked from the moment I heard him say "I'm not talkin' about 'I'm looking for an apartment' Craigslist....I'm talkin' about 'Gimme your coffee table and I'll suck your dick!' Craigslist....now THAT'S Criagslist!" and I've been a monstrous fan ever since. I regularly check his tour dates to see if he's performing anywere near Kansas. I contemplated driving up to Chicago this summer just to see one of his performances (and of course to visit my wonderful, wonderful friends up there, but you already knew that.) All of this makes the following so tough: on Tuesday night, Aziz performed in LAWRENCE, KANSAS, ABOUT 3 MILES FROM MY EFFING HOUSE.....and I had absolutely no idea. None. Not until my "buddy" JDub called me afterwards and proudly announced "Guess where I just came from?" (I put buddy in quotes because after this slap in the face, I'm not so sure that I still want to be friends with him.....he wouldn't even know who Aziz was if I hadn't introduced him into his life!)

So now the last couple of days I've heard friends go on and on, laughing and re-hashing jokes from that night, as I grit my teeth and try not to have an inappropriate angry outburst. And I've got no one to blame but myself (and JDub.) This is my bitter face.


>> Also in the "I had no idea that happened" department.....apparently Emma Watson chopped all her hair off. What the hell?!? Dumbledore must be turning over in his grave right now! And now Selena Gomez stands alone. After the Lindsay Lohan/Hilary Duff heyday, it's a little depressing that there are so few actresses who are hot in an incredibly inappropriate way these days.


>> A couple nights ago I watched MacGruber. I mildly enjoyed myself, and was laughing pretty hard at a couple parts. The next day, when I thanked my friend Bri, who had let me borrow it as long as I returned it to the video store for her, her comment was "Well I thought it was 4 dollars I'm never gonna get back." And I realized if I had paid for that movie, I would've been pretty pissed too. Which brings me to the question of the day: what movie (for you) is best described by "I'm happy that I watched it, but also very happy I didn't pay to watch it"?


>> I'm off to the gently rolling hills and calm waters of northern Arkansas this weekend, to play golf and watch football and visit some family. Happy Friday.