Tuesday, September 21, 2010

In One Word, Would I Use Dope?

Nope.

A little public service announcement, brought to you by former NBC Executive Brandon Tartikoff and the gang from Bayside High School:

There's No Hope With Dope.


Some thoughts:

1. I love how the audience giggles when Screech pops out of his locker, then is quickly cut off. Don't they know this is serious?!? There's no time for enjoying Screech's goofy antics now, this is a public service announcement! They are right in the middle of telling you how bad drugs are!

2. How money is Tartikoff's little fist pump at the very end? I never caught that before. What a badass. You're right, dude, you fucking nailed this PSA. I've got goosebumps too. Well done.

3. Normally, I despise any form of comments on well-trafficked sites (ESPN, youtube, etc. etc.) The diverse array of idiots, trolls, mark-ass marks, trick-ass marks, punk bitches, skig-skag skanks and scallywags (name that reference) can actually make you dumber after reading them, so I generally stay away. However, the highest-rated comments for this clip had me LOL'ing:

- lmfao "in one word would I use dope" Lmfao.......its a yes or no question so no shit it would be one word u animal

- Yea yea yea Zach we know your a pimp.... you dont have to stand up at the end and put your hands in your pockets like a fucking gangster. We know.....we know


4. I hadn't watched this episode in years and years, and yet I still could recite it word for word, including Tartikoff's little monologue. I'll be 87 years old, completely senile, bouncing my great-grandchild on my knee, and he'll ask me about doing drugs, and I'll probably reply: "Dumb. Stupid. Crazy. Dangerous. Stinks."

5. After all these years.....damn I still love this show.