Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Steal A Bike, Steal A Taco!

In case anyone forgot, today from 2pm-6pm Taco Bell is running their "Steal a Base, Steal a Taco" promotion. The whole concept of a Mexican food joint promoting stealing is funny in itself, and resulted in Lane and I making a million racist jokes the other night. Although they were definitely racist, I hesitate to call them 'jokes' because they were mostly stuff like "Steal a base, steal a taco? Well, good, you fucking owe me, since you stole my bike when I was 9 years old" or "More like steal a base, steal a chromie!" But, hey, when you've been drinking for 12 hours, it's doesn't take much to get us giggling.

As soon as I hit the 'publish post' button, I will be bustin' out of here and spending the rest of my lunch break driving around to different Taco Bells and getting my free tacos (as well as picking up Alex and making her go with me so I can get her free tacos too.)

I don't know why I get so excited for this promotion every year. I mean, they're giving away 69 cent tacos, not handjobs. Although you'd have a pretty good chance of getting one of those in a Taco Bell parking lot too....but that's neither here nor there. I'm probably losing money overall because of the gas I'm going to use up driving around town, but whatever dude, FREE TACOS!!!

I just had a thought: what if Sonic ran a "Steal a Base, Steal a Chili Cheese Wrap" promotion? I would have no choice but to call in sick to work and spend the day driving around the tri-state area, rocking out to some Led Zeppelin and picking up chili cheese wraps. Three words: Living. The. Dream.

One more random thought: I tried googling 'chromie' and many other spellings of the word, and came up with nothing. Was this just a Grand Forks thing? Didn't anyone else out there spend their childhood evenings playing Jailbreak until sundown, freebasing a shitload of cocaine, then biking around town stealing 'chromies' off of cars and/or bikes? I thought that chromie hunting was a nationwide phenomenon, but I could be mistaken here. I certainly don't want to argue with Google.