Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Down Goes Frazier! Down Goes Frazier!

I hate to bring storm clouds over everyone's day in the form of bad news, so I will let Noles do it for me:


It is with regret and sorrow that I have to inform you that I will be stepping down from the Beard contest. I first want to thank Mike. He is a fierce competitor and without him none of this would have been possible. I have an engagement Wednesday, October 29th, that will force me to shave my beard. Sometimes it is tough sitting in a cube working for The Man and this happens to be a sacrifice I have to make. I also want to apologize to all my supporters out there. I know you had my back and now I am letting you down. I just hope the time comes when I can stand behind you and support you like you have done to me. Lane, I hope you can still come to Father / Son fishing. I think you may take this the hardest and I hope we can get through this difficult time together.

With deep regrets,


Noles



For the record, here were the beards as of Day 5. Looks like we may have had a closer battle than we first anticipated.

Mike:





Noles:





So there you have it. Beard-Off 2008 is officially a bust. Hopefully at some point in the future it can be resurrected, or maybe Noles can try and go two weeks without shaving his vagina.