Thursday, November 30, 2006

CPA Tests, Like Dunk Contests, Are Bourgeois

So round 2 is complete in regards to the CPA test. And when I say complete I mean maybe complete, as I don't know whether I passed for a couple of weeks. That is the most potentially devestating thing about the test. I can't just bomb it and accept a bad score. I can fail, and then I just wasted 200 scrills and two months out of my life. As I begin to start all over studying for round 3, I feel a little bit like Ivan Drago as he is fighting Rocky. He just won't go down.

If anyone is on the fence considering Lasik surgery, take this as the Jim Hammen two thumbs up endorsement. The process goes a little something like this:

Day 1, hours 1-5= immense pain.
Day 1, hours 6-rest of day=mild discomfort.
Day 2=no pain, 80% vision.
Day 3=perfection.

The marvels of modern medicine. On the plus-plus side, I get to wear some sweet goggles for basketball the next couple of weeks. Not quite as cool as Antoine Carr, but Chris Kolle would be jealous.