Saturday, October 14, 2006

#4: Lightning Strikes Three Times On The 17th


A couple years ago T Nels, Moose, Shane and I are playing drinking bingo-bango-bongo for Tiger Woods on the PS2. The teams are me and Shane against T Nels and Moose, and T Nels is basically god at this game, so we are getting rolled pretty good. We come to the famous island green, the 17th at Sawgrass, and we're pretty well tuned up by now. So T Nels walks up and hits a shot that goes into that crazy movie screen view, which basically means it is either close or going in. It takes a couple hops and hits the pin and drops in. Everyone goes nuts, and me and Shane start taking our 20 drinks. I don't even have time to look up before T Nels and Moose start celebrating again, as apparently Moose just slam dunked one that landed straight in the hole. Shane then puts his shot in the water, and now we're wondering if they put cheat codes in, or if there are even cheat codes for this game, and if there were, what would they be?

As Moose and T Nels continue to taunt us, I bet them an extra 50 drinks that I will put my tee shot in, which they gladly take. Considering I had never had a hole-in-one in the game before, maybe not the smartest bet I have ever made. Struggling a little bit to see the screen, I hit a seven iron shot that immediately goes to the movie screen view. Trusting that fate is taking this shot in, a set my controller down, refusing to alter the spin on it. Sure enough, it lands, bounces a couple times, rolls, and barely trickles in. We celebrate Moose and T Nels taking 50 drinks, and the overall craziness of three hole in ones in four shots. Great players make great shots.