Monday, March 10, 2014

Wedding Miscellany

I was going through my pictures on my phone and found a straggler that reminded me that I was going to do a post-wedding blog on random awards back in May.  Then the Florida partying hangover lasted for like four months, and KU landed Wiggins, which completely changed my focus, yada yada yada it fell by the wayside.

Anyway, this was the envelope that DVJS left on our doorstep, and is probably the best Departed reference I've ever seen, so he deserves some sort of recognition for that.   Good hustle there.




So while we're here, the award for best wedding gift goes to Gangel and Nicole, who got us a Taco Bell gift certificate.  That, my friends, is knowing your audience.  I think the bride was even more excited than the groom to unwrap that one.  Granted, it didn't end in spectacular fashion (long story short, I ended up drunkenly arguing with a T-Bell employee in the drive-thru at 2am because I was adamant there was still $7.43 left on the card, but they said no es cierto), but still.....you don't get that kind of excitement out of a gift from Bed Bath & Beyond.  At least not until they start selling Crunchwrap Supremes.

To all others who may have been the recipient of an award but became a victim of my laziness, my deepest apologies.  Unfortunately, you will not be recognized in this post either, because it's March, and only one thing matters in March.  Hint: it rhymes with "college basketball."