Monday, December 30, 2013

The Flip Side

As I hoped, Teens got to experience a true North Dakota Christmas.  There were sub-zero temperatures, snow piled everywhere, and we even had to cancel the Mostly Annual Kickball Game in the Walsh Quad due to the weather.

However, she also got to see the underbelly of the North Dakota bar scene and the downfall to having to start your car and let it run before you drive it.  She got to experience, first-hand, the scenario where a cross-eyed drunk ex-hockey player from the rival high school repeatedly gropes you before finally getting chased off.

I got to experience the scenario where I start my car at the end of the night to let it warm up, leave it unlocked outside the bar, and come back 10 minutes later to find the same shithead who was just molesting my wife in Bonzer's fast asleep in the driver's seat.

Gotta love Christmas back home.