Saturday, November 16, 2013

Key & Peele Tipping Point

Time for another linkfest, in my never-ending quest to make everyone in the world have the same sense of humor as me.

Something like a year ago, I watched an episode of Key & Peele and it kinda sucked.  I wasn't really in the market for a new show anyway, so I only gave it one chance, then washed my hands of it.  To paraphrase Tommy Boy with the chicken wings and the Meat Lover's Pizza:  If Key & Peele isn't any good, so what?  I still got my Chappelle's Show DVDs over there on the DVD rack.  But over the last few months, I kept stumbling into individual sketches, and every one cracked me up.  First it was this one....





Then during the shitshow Minneapolis trip, Morley played us this one, which is more or less the same joke, but still funny as hell....




Random coincidences brought me to these two....






And then a couple days ago I discovered my first valet sketch, which quickly became my favorite of all of them.  The tipping point was hit; I'd officially seen enough funny sketches to give this show another chance. Now the floodgates have been opened, and I'm DVRing new episodes and spending entire lunch breaks crushing youtube clips of these fools.  Go watch this show.









And if you don't want to watch the show, do me one favor and watch at least one of the valet sketches. It's like watching a conversation between myself and JDub when we're both excited about something, only Key and Peele are about 10 times funnier, and aren't a couple of white boys trying to act black. I'm gonna fire up a Kickstarter campaign to raise funds to make a full-length movie of those valet characters. Inquire within if you're interested in donating.

There's like 20 more sketches I want to link here, but instead I'll let you guys fall down the rabbit hole yourselves, then maybe we can have inside jokes together, bup bup bup bup.