Friday, April 26, 2013

The Top 5. Volume 20.

As you may or may not know, I'm getting married in two weeks (no, not to Anna Kendrick).  In honor of the momentous occasion, The Slice may be a bit wedding-themed until then.  Fair warning.

Now, everyone knows the standard reasons for marrying a particular person.  But what about the reasons behind the reasons?  What about the little things?  Here are my top 5 favorite "little things" that make Teens a fantastic future wife:


5.  If we're driving home after a KU basketball game, and I need to stop and get chew, but Bill Self's post-game interview is still going on, when we pull into the gas station ,before I can even glance over at her and open my mouth, she'll run in and buy a tin for me.

4.  After we officially settled on our wedding date being 5/10/13, the first thing she said was "Hey!  We're getting married on Langford/Hinrich/Boschee Day!"  







3.   When she makes a liquor store run, and I ask her to pick me up a couple of 40's, I don't need to specify that I want a paper bag sleeve for each of them.  She'll correct the liquor store employee if he forgets to include them.

2.  During a Dudes Weekend that happens to occur during basketball season, when everyone is "checking in" with their wife/fiancee/significant other/booty call, I'll call Teens, we'll exchange pleasantries and how's-it-goings.....and then we'll end up talking about KU basketball for 10 minutes.  More often than not, she brings it up before I do.

1.  Her favorite sketch from Chappelle's Show is the Player Haters Ball.  The hardest I've ever seen her laugh in our 2.5 years together is during the photo flip competition, when Chappelle, in reference to Rosie O'Donnell, says "I bet she wears underwear with dick holes!" 





(To be fair, that line is so awesome that it makes everyone in the sketch break character and double over in laughter; Chappelle even cracks himself up....but it's still pretty awesome that my future wife cries laughing from it too.)