Thursday, January 17, 2013

What I Think About During Songs. Volume 6.



"These three words when you're gettin' busy...Whoomp!  There it is, hit me!"

Now I don't want to nitpick one of the greatest songs in music history.....but c'mon.  That's clearly four words, unless you're making "there't" a contraction, and I'm pretty sure that contraction doesn't exist, and there's a rule that says it can't exist.  Like you can't have a vowel immediately preceding a contraction that only has one consonant after the apostrophe.  Pretty sure that's it.  I had Mrs. Carney AND Mrs. Skinner back-to-back in 7th and 8th grade English, so I'm basically a juggernaut of the grammar game.  Kinda like the Jay-Z of grammar or something.  Whereas with this egregious grammar faux pas, Tag Team would be more like the Soulja Boy of the grammar game.  (Is it weird that I didn't just call them the Tag Team of the grammar game, since I'm using hip-hop artists for my metaphor anyway?  Maybe.  Whatever.  Watch the throne.)

This song has been involved in too many great moments of my life to straight-up hate on it....but still.  I've got these three words for you, Tag Team:  clean it up a little bit.