Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Good Job, Good Effort




So our tailgate at the College World Series was awesome enough to make the newspaper....but somehow, that photographer found the absolute perfect angle to completely block me behind the Jumbo Jenga.  I still don't know how he did it, probably some trick in the Matrix or something.  If you look closely, you can barely make out my right leg behind the board (upon further review: no you can't, since this is a picture of the actual newspaper, and not the digital one online.  F word.)  At the moment of this picture, I was being especially heroic, sprinting up and leaping to deflect the falling Jenga pieces before they crushed Emily's skull (while being careful not to spill my BL Smoothie).  I feel like that would've made a much better picture, but whatever, maybe that's why I'm not a photographer for the Omaha Herald.  What a dick.

All in all, it was another superb year of tailgating-but-not-entering-the-stadium at the College World Series.  We hit up downtown Friday night, got a couple hours less sleep than I would've liked, were among the first 15 cars to arrive in Lot B in the morning, survived an early-morning monsoon for the second year in a row, met a lot of randoms and even made a few new Facebook friends out of the deal, drank for about 17 hours, crushed some Taco Bell, and even stayed awake to watch the Dream Team documentary (which was AWESOME) at 3am while battling the noise level from Gangel and Addy, who were put on a 'Dueling Banjos' type snoring-session.  Big ups to the Omaha crew again, they really know how to bring it.  Maybe next year we'll go inside the stadium.....???  

But probably not.  I'd rather sit outside and drink all day.  My off-days are my off-days.