Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Not Letting The Terrorists Win

Last night was one of those blah Monday nights. I was still hungover a little bit from a 15-hour drinking session on Saturday (I might not do much on my actual birthday, which a lot of my friends don't understand, but I MAKE PLAYS on the day after my birthday, when we combine birthday parties with CK, whose birthday is the 4th. I just don't like how my birthday is all about me-- it's more fun to share the wealth. But I digress.) I've also been getting sick pretty consistently lately. Two weeks good, one week bad, two weeks good, one week bad. Right now I'm in the bad week. Plus work was hectic, and my brain was pretty well drained by 5 pm.

So I just holed up in the Fortress of Solitude (the downstairs bedroom where I keep all my old school video games hooked up) fired up GoldenEye for the N64, turned on the all guns, infinite ammo, invincible Bond cheat options, and just went to work on the Facility level**, slaughtering scientists and bad guys without mercy. Before I knew what had happened, like an hour and a half had gone by.

And I felt a little better afterwards.



**As anyone who has killed time playing GoldenEye for days on end knows, the Facility level is indisputably the best level to take out your frustrations on. Besides the aforementioned unarmed scientists, who are always fun to kill as they're surrendering, once you get to the end of the level and you explode the bottling tanks, a never-ending stream of guards storm the room to get you. Turns into a goddamn turkey shoot in there. Assault rifles, rocket launchers, grenades....with the all guns cheat turned on, it's all in play, dude. Just use your imagination.

I'm gonna wrap this up now, it's starting to sound a little Columbine-y.