Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Almost Perfect Weekend

Thursday night: got superduper high and watched Inception 2.5 times consecutively. (To say I'm obsessed with this movie would be a gross understatement. I only stopped at 2.5 because I had one of those "this is my life right now" moments so I went to bed. Then I woke up the next morning and immediately finished the third go-round.)

Friday: slept in, watched movies, played video games, and didn't get dressed all day until about 8 pm, or ten minutes before Hendo came over and we started hitting the bottle and playing MarioKart.

Friday night: got a lil' drunk, celebrated New Years' rather quietly with a few friends.

Saturday and Sunday: slept in late both days and watched an obscene amount of TV. A bunch of old episodes of Beverly Hills 90210, a full slate of football and KU basketball on Sunday, and both Star Wars trilogies. Holler at your boy when you see him on the couch! We only left said couch when we needed to get food-- of which there was a lot. Standard Sonic order for lunch on Saturday (mayo cheeseburger with no tomatoes, two chilli cheese wraps--regular size, not those weak-ass junior sizes they try to give you, and a 44 oz. Strawberry limeade) massive Applebee's takeout on Saturday evening, then a day-night doubleheader of McDonald's and Domino's on Sunday. Simply glorious.

My only goal for last weekend was to relax and lay low. I would say mission accomplished. Needless to say I'm well-rested for the new year. Also well-paid, all my bets came in on Sunday, which I'm proud of since Week 17 is one of the toughest gambling weeks of the year. (Also well-fed. I am fairly confident that 2011 is finally the year where I go down in a blaze of glory, suffering multiple heart attacks while eating two Chipotle burritos at once or something-- then using my last breath to take a big pull off of my large Coke. Don't bet against it, friends.)