Friday, September 3, 2010

Wesleyyyyyyyyyy!


>> I'm mildly unexcited about my fantasy football team this year (the Double Deuces, team logo pictured above.) Partly because the draft didn't go exactly how I would've liked- I had a huge boner for Aaron Rodgers this year, and typically, Lane took him one spot in front of me, only to put him on the trading block immediately after the draft; and partly because I can't get over how amazing my team was last year point-wise, and all I got to show for it was a 7-7 regular season and a first-round exit. I'll never have a fantasy team that unstoppable in a 12-team league ever again (Chris Johnson, Andre Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Tony Romo in a good year, Packer's defense, etc.) and that realization sunk in during our draft this year.

I'm happy that I got Romo again; that semi-gamble paid off for me huge last year, so he'll always get free pancakes at my house. I love that I was able to get Jahvid Best and Kevin Kolb late in the draft, both to be used as trade bait (I'll be surprised if Kolb is still on my roster by week 10) and as a rookie sleeper to help my own team (I'll be surprised if Best is not starting for me by week 10.) I hate that Lane took Rodgers at #7, I thought for sure he'd be there for me at #8. I hate that my best running back is Frank Gore (he might have a good year, but I don't trust him at all.) I hate that I didn't get the Packer's defense, who I've quietly drafted the last few years, and is always an awesome D to have- they give up yards in bunches, but ALWAYS force turnovers, and return picks for scores every other game it seems like.

On one hand, I love that my boy Chris Johnson is (arguably) the best back in the league, and the proud owner of the coveted 99 overall ranking in Madden this year....but on the other hand, I hate it, since I had absolutely no chance of drafting him this year. I drafted him his rookie year when I knew he was gonna be a good sleeper, and I snagged him again last year, then took crap from everyone when I said he was gonna be the best player in the league. Kinda the stupid feeling you have when you find an awesome underground band, and you love them before everyone else, then they blow up and go mainstream and you get pissed at all their new fans. I dunno, maybe it's just that I've never had a favorite player who was anywhere close to the best player in his respective league (my favorite KU player this year is Brady Morningstar, for fuck's sake.)


>> Finn Leedahl is officially walking now. This is awesome because A) it's fun to watch, 2) he can feed me popcorn, and d) we're now one step closer (no pun intended) to him learning to talk and us being able to teach him stupid things to say. Get psyched, Finn.


>> Hey, have you read the fake twitter account of someone pretending to be Mickey Rourke? Quality. High quality. Maybe the best fake twitter account I've seen.


>> College football starts tomorrow, which means little to nothing for me from a football standpoint, but everything from a tailgating standpoint. NDSU (my alma mater's hated rival) comes down to Lawrence for the opener this year, so I look forward to booing the shit out of them- from the confines of the tailgating area, of course. It's pretty rare that I get to rep UND down here, so I look forward to the opportunity. Plus the Gangel Express in coming in from Omaha, so let the shitshow begin. This is my excited face.

Happy Friday.