Friday, October 9, 2009

"Proving It" And Jheri Curls

After I glossed over the fact that I have a top 5 list of dudes I would do for a million dollars, a couple people pulled one of my favorite moves and simply and emphatically told me to "PROVE it!"

Touche'. So without further ado....

5. Justin Long
4. Robert Randolph
3. Josh Beckett
2. Bradley Cooper
1. Ryan Reynolds- but only Smokin' Aces or Amityville Horror-era Ryan Reynolds, where he's got that badass beard. Not Van Wilder-era Reynolds, he was too much of a pretty boy back then.

Now to quickly change the subject and pretend that conversation never took place, and also because I'm on a jheri curl kick lately, here is my list of the greatest jheri curls ever:

(with apologies to Eric Dickerson, Michael Cage, Jamie Foxx, and Michael Jackson)

10. AC Green. A large contributing factor to why he was still a virgin at age 38?



9. Walter Payton. Let's pay homage to a legend. Plus, the jheri curl/headband combo: ALWAYS deadly.


8. Eazy-E. We'll throw fellow N.W.A. member Ice Cube in here with him, as well. Two of the most balla people on the planet in 1988, and this was what they looked like. What an era. Also, I want that 'Compton' hat for Christmas.


7. 'Superfly' Jimmy Snuka. Somehow the jheri curl is only like the 4th grossest thing about this picture.



6. Deion Sanders. Nobody rocked it more gangsta than Prime. Plus he would sometimes sport the aforementioned jheri curl/headband combo, before he invented the headband around the neck look.




5. Rick James. Cocaine's a hell of a drug.


4. Jules from Pulp Fiction. I misspoke earlier when I said that nobody rocked it more gangsta than Deion.



3. Rickey Henderson. When I originally made this list in my head, I had Rickey around the #10 spot. Then I googled him and found this picture. Wow. Just....wow.



2. Pedro Martinez. Gets major bonus points for continuing to sport the jheri curl, 20 years after it peaked in popularity.


1. AC Slater. Jheri curl + mullet = no-brainer for the top spot.




Happy Friday. Let your soul glo this weekend.