Tuesday, June 2, 2009

So Much Easier Than That Whole Putting Thing

Sooooo I did it again. Not a hole-in-one, but this time it was a 2 on a par 4. This shot was probably more impressive, since it was from 160 yards away, out of the rough and into the teeth of the wind. Just two bounces and WHAMMO! right in the hole. Plus we saw it go in, unlike my hole-in-one, which we didn't know was in the cup until we walked up to the green. It's always more fun to celebrate from the fairway. Thanks partly to that shot, which put Lane and I 2-up through 14, the Northerners were successful in taking the cup back from Jud and Wing in the 2nd Annual Civil War Cup, winning 2 and 1. I have to be honest, it felt good to wear the $4 Doublemint Polyester jacket out to the bars afterwards. Felt real good.

I'm probably just gonna retire from golf now, because after two hole-outs for eagles in 10 days, it's all downhill from here. I just peaked at age 26. It's been fun.