Friday, January 9, 2009

Phones, Football....Mystery?

>> A strange phenomenon is back in my life, after a 16 month abscence. For as long as DVJS and I have had cellular telephone devices, there seems to be an unspoken agreement between them that they will not ring when we call each other. EVERY SINGLE TIME we called, we had to leave voicemails, because we knew the other person's phone wasn't ringing (this was before DVJS had texting.) This didn't happen with any other calls, just with each other. It was beyond creepy. Since then we have both moved to Kansas, both purchased new phones with different providers, and for awhile all was well. Calls were freely exchanged with no problems. Then last night, out of nowhere, I received a voicemail from DVJS which was originally sent on December 31st. When I called him back to tell him about it, his phone (which was sitting in his hand) didn't ring, it only beeped when I left a voicemail. Annnnnd so once again, DVJS and I can't call each other. The feud continues.


>> For the first time in years, I have reason to care about the NFL Playoffs besides monetary purposes. (Note: I'm not counting last year, because frankly, Tennessee was probably the worst 10-6 team in NFL history, and I still can't believe they even made the playoffs.)

With the Titans playing their way into a first round bye and a second round home game vs. Baltimore, I feel a little bit like Jessie Spano when Zack tries to take her caffeine pills away. So excited....yet also scared.


"Sure, we've got a great running game, but what happens when Baltimore stacks 8 men in the box? Can Kerry Collins take advantage down the field? Tell me that you believe in Kerry Collins, Zack! Tell me!!!!"


Baltimore's defense is downright scary, especially against shaky QBs, and I think Eddie Vedder best sums up how I feel about Kerry Collins as my starting quarterback. I lie and say I'm in love with him....can't find a better man. I'd feel much better about this game if Tennessee's QB wasn't 36 years old, and didn't get chewed up by Baltimore's defense, in the Super Bowl, when he was in his prime...8 YEARS AGO....but such is life. Go Titans.

I'll put my picks up here now so I'm not one of those guys who brags about games after the fact, as Cheese seems to think I did with the Arizona game last week. Jerk.

Arizona +10 over Carolina
San Diego +6 over Pittsburgh
NY -4 over Philadelphia
Baltimore +3 over Tennessee (I will NOT be wagering against my boys, however)


>> While this isn't exactly a typical Question of the Day; it is, nonetheless, a question that a few of us would like answered: Who the hell is Cassie Cotterman?


Any information would be greatly appreciated. Happy Friday.