Sunday, August 31, 2008

I've Got Pennant Race Fever...

And the only prescription....is more cowbell!

Here's a sign that maybe, just maybe, I'm getting a little too worked up about the wild card chase (yes, wild card. I've already written off the division and focused entirely on the wild card, since the Rays don't fucking lose anymore. Never thought I'd write that sentence in my lifetime.)

I go to sleep on Friday night, tucked in warm and cozy, knowing that Dice-K and the Sox have already cruised to a 8-0 victory over the White Sox. However, I have a dream where I see a score on ESPN's bottom line that says Boston 3, Chicago 2 in the top of the 6th. I'm slightly puzzled, but my subconscious is quickly overpowered, and I accept the score. Then, later on in the dream, I see a score that reads Chicago 5, Boston 1, bottom of the 4th. Now I'm pissed off. How did Boston manage to score a negative run? Why did the game go backwards? What is Dice-K's pitch count at? I can't quite piece it all together. Finally, I see a score update that reads:


Chi.......4
Bos......Dice-k


It's at this point that I snap awake and sit bolt upright in bed for a few seconds, wondering how the hell that score is even possible, and perhaps more importantly, how the Sox have managed to blow their earlier lead of 8-0. After awhile I realize it's just a dream, and that yes, Boston did win tonight. And then everything is OK and I can go back to sleep.



I have a friend that is in LOVE with Christopher Walken (creepy, I know) and one time after we watched the aforementioned More Cowbell sketch, she remarked, "I'd let him explore my studio space!" It was disgusting.