Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Rise And Shine, Short One. Kung Fuuuu Today!

I'm now entering the brutal stretch where I spend four days thinking of all the flaws in KU's team, and all the different ways Villanova could pull an upset. To be honest, though, I'm pretty upbeat. We're playing well, we match up well with 'Nova, and Stephen Curry & the Davidson Family Band got rid of Georgetown for us, so I like the path KU has to hopefully make it to San Antonio. I am physically, mentally, and alcoholically spent from March Madness/work, so I'm not doing a huge breakdown of the first two rounds. Jon-Jon already did a wonderful job of that anyway. I'll give you a couple quick thoughts, though:

I don't generally blame refs for losses; it's a total bush league move. But for real, can UCLA get any more end-of-game bullshit calls in their favor? Sloan got crushed at the end of that game with no whistle. If you don't believe me, ask Jay Bilas. He never lies.

North Carolina looks really, really good. I'd say most impressive-looking teams so far goes 1) Carolina 2) Louisville 3) Davidson 4) Washington St. 5) KU.

That guy for Western Kentucky gets the 'bad-ass of the year' award with that triple-teamed 26 footer he made against Drake. He knew it was good as soon as it left his hands. Crazy.

Stephen Curry wanted to go to Virginia Tech coming out of high school, and they didn't want him. Remember that as Curry is averaging 35 a game and playing in the Sweet Sixteen, and Va Tech is shooting 37% in the NIT.

Has any team (in any sport) ever quit harder on a coach than Indiana did this year? The only team I can think of is James Van Der Beek and the West Canaan Coyotes, who literally refused to take the field until Jon Voight agreed not to coach the second half. Good lord.

It's awesome that Duke lost to West Virginia, but I would've loved for it to have been Belmont, just so Dunph could never, ever give me shit about Bucknell again. Unfortunately, Belmont forgot to practice inbounds plays this year.

"Commercial of the tourney that I see 11 times a day but still laugh at every time" is the one with the Sven guy in the turtleneck sweater who drives a scooter around the house and helps the family stay organized. Awesome.

Thank you Schneweis family for feeding me all weekend. Those who have ever seen me eat know that this is no small task.