Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Jackpot!

An otherwise uneventful stretch of days was highlighted by a couple of good breaks; just the kind of bounces that seem to go my way lately.

First, a friend of mine left her Nintendo 64 at Culligan Manor last summer, then subsequently moved to South Carolina. I told her repeatedly about it, asked her if she wanted me to drop it off at her parents' house, yada yada yada. Long story short, it was still there when we moved out last week, so I said screw it, I'm trading it in. Figuring I would get an absolute maximum of 20 bucks for it, my jaw hit the floor when the lady told me I now had $54 in credit. Approximately 11 minutes later, I was balls deep in old school Sega Genesis games, frantically (yes, frantically) unpacking my Genesis at my parents' house. Thanks for leaving the 64.

Also, the rotation was set for after the All-Star break, and Dice-K will be pitching the game this Saturday when we will be in attendance. That in particular is the kind of break that never, EVER, goes my way. So I won't be taking it for granted. Let's hope this good run continues through our weekend in Boston.