Sunday, June 3, 2007

Rush, Bron-Bron, Fantasy Sox, And Beckett

Regarding Brandon Rush, I will take him back any way I can, torn ACL or no. A likely scenario has him back and game-ready in January, just in time for the Big 12 season. Nothing matters until March, anyway. I am fully aware that he would have still gone pro if not for this injury. I am fully aware that coming back is not his first choice. I am fully aware a lengthy, grueling rehab is upcoming. I am fully aware that this is not a feel-good, "I'm so excited to be a Jayhawk one more year, blah blah blah" situation. All that being said, this article remains one of, if not the worst, articles I have ever read in my life. What exactly is the criteria for getting articles posted on kusports.com? Note especially the absolutely meaningless paragraphs of garbage that begin with "Now for some perspective." Are you fucking kidding me? What is he even talking about? The more I think about this article, the angrier I get. I can totally picture this story being forwarded by a Schneweis brother with the subject line "Get a load of this fucker!" Unreal.

Give me a second while I flip the switch from bitter to upbeat....wait a second....little longer...OK. Lebron James. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. That series was brutal besides watching Bron-Bron become a superduuuuuuperstar, and I have no other explanation other than divine intervention that the only time I made the decision to turn my TV to cable channel 59 to watch it was the beginning of the 4th quarter of Game 5. Triple AAA just arrived to pull my NBA Bandwagon out of the ditch, and when I told them that I don't have Triple AAA, they replied, "Don't worry, the NBA Gods are paying for it."

I absolutely loved Bowen's post on the non-Red Sox players he would love to see on the Sox, so here's mine:

C: Michael Barrett. He punched A.J. Piersyznski. Works for me.
1B: Nick Swisher. His nickname should be "Half Man, Half Toolshed."
2B: Ronnie Belliard...
SS: Jimmy Rollins. He and Belliard would turn the most gangsta double plays ever.
3B: David Wright. Kinda by default; not a ton of faves at the hot corner.
LF: Carl Crawford. I would take Soriano here, but I already used my Cub on Barrett.
CF: Torii Hunter. While everyone in the tri-state area is busy wacking it to either Mauer or Morneau, Torii continues to be the heart and soul of that team.
RF: Ken Griffey Jr. I will always have a soft spot in my heart for Junior. No homo.
DH: Travis Hafner. Some North Dakota love.
SP: Dontrielle Willis. Fun to watch.
RP: Ben Weber. Before this year, I would've said Brendan Donnelly, but we got him, so now I'll take the other spaz from the Angel's 2002 bullpen.

No time for the rest of my pitching staff, I have to put my 4-7 "Watching Red Sox on TV" record on the line. I am especially excited, as I have yet to see Beckett pitch this year. However, given the way Schilling and Dice-K pitch when I'm watching, maybe I shouldn't be so pumped.