Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Read The Blog. Do It. DO IT.

The scene towards the end of Starsky & Hutch, when Ben Stiller adopts that character, I think he's named Maury or something, and goes around acting like an ass and telling everyone "Do it. DO It." is hilarious, and I knew that it was based on some stereotype of guy, but I guess I just didn't think I would ever be lucky enough to meet one of those guys, until last night, when the following exchange took place between me and a 60ish-year-old customer.



Me: What can I get you to drink?

Maury: Let's do it. Mountain Dew. Let's do it.

Me (slightly taken aback, but recovering): Um, we don't have Mountain-

Maury (interrupting): Whaddya got? C'mon, let's do it.

Me: Uhh, Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Cherry-

Maury: Do it. Let's do it.

Me: Do what? I just listed a number of options.

Maury: Coke. Do it. Let's do it.

Me, openly laughing now: Alright, dude, I'm doing it.

I spent the next 15 minutes laughing, and even a day later, after I've settled down, I still think this is one of the 20 funniest things that has ever happened to me. I can't even believe this guy was for real.