Saturday, January 20, 2007

Quick Picks

A couple of great championship games this weekend, and I will miss both of them because of work. I am debating about whether or not to tape the Pats/Colts game and attempt to watch it at 1 am. That NEVER works out for me, though, even when I don't answer my phone or read any texties. On to the picks:

I would love to hop on the Saints bandwagon this week, like every single one of ESPN's experts and the vast, vast majority of America, but I just can't. I don't think the Saints would want me, anyway. They've had enough blow jobs this week to last them a couple years. The Bears defense is so overdue for a killer game it pains me. Every time I start entertaining the thought that the Saints will win, I have a recurring vision of Urlacher busting through and just lighting Bush up on a first quarter screen pass, as the rest of the D starts growling and barking at Bush as he battles to stay conscious. Bush gets up slowly, fumbles on his next touch, and is a non-factor the rest the way.

Bears 20, Saints 16.

I also think the Colts are due. One of these times they have to beat the Pats. It's science. It might as well be this year, when Peyton has looked like garbage through two games, and the defense has suddenly shown some teeth. It's the Bizarro Colts, and the Bizarro Colts don't give a shit how many times Brady and Belichick have beat them. On top of how much I hate Indy, a win by them also submits me to two more weeks of Jon-Jon and his Stormtrooper Arm name-dropping Dallas Clark and how he was at his wedding. As much as I absolutely fucking HATE to do it, I have to take the Colts. Prove me wrong, New England.

Colts 31, Patriots 20.