Thursday, May 18, 2006

Welcome to the next level, Manu

Great game 5 last night between San Antonio and Dallas, another close one in a series that is destined to go all seven. However, since I don't really like the Spurs, even though they have my boy Nick Van Exel, and since the only player I really enjoy on the Mavs is my boy Jason Terry, I spent most of my time hating on Manu Ginobli. It began a couple years ago, when he decided it would be cool to flop every other time down the court. Offense, defense, Manu doesn't discriminate. He is an equal-opportunity flopper. I don't care if he graduated from Kansas and was drafted by the Knicks--my teams--I would still hate him. Anyways, I think it was around the 5 minute mark of the fourth quarter, when I was thinking how sweet it would be if Mark Cuban picked up a sniper rifle, ran to the upper deck, and took Manu out, that I decided that Manu had officially reached level 4 status in my Hating Hall of Fame. This is truly hallowed ground, a level only occupied by two others. While we're here, I'll show you the Hating Hall of Fame.

Level 4: Kobe Bryant, Alex Rodriguez, Manu Ginobli
Level 3: Johnny Damon (quickly on his way to level 4), Roy Williams, Peyton Manning, Jorge Posada
Level 2: JJ Redick, Christian Laettner, Vince Carter, the guy from the Bengals who wrecked Bo Jackson's career with a questionable shot from behind, Digger Phelps, Vijay Singh
Level 1: Any member of the New York Yankees since 1995 (excluding my boy Kenny Lofton), any member of the Duke Blue Devils since 1990, Gerry McNamara, Nomar Garciaparra

So if you are a member of this list and you value the opinion of a 23 year old North Dakota kid who only plays sports in intramurals and video games, know that I hate you.