Friday, April 18, 2014

Aye, I Ain't Never Smoked This Before

The song that I have been absolutely abusing on my iPod (and other people's phones, and jukeboxes, etc.) the last few weeks:





I'm kinda surprised I enjoy this song so much, since I usually don't like Pharrell Williams when he's runnin' solo.  I like him in small doses, like when he's just featured on other people's songs.  He's like potato salad for me.  Nobody would eat an entire meal of just potato salad**, but throw in a pulled pork sandwich (Daft Punk) and corn on the cob ("Blurred Lines") with maybe some coleslaw (Snoop Dogg) and Texas toast (N.E.R.D.).....well then, hey.  You got yourself a meal.  But this song stands alone beautifully.  Can't get enough of it. 

And now I'm effing starving.  Who wants to go get BBQ for dinner?


**That's a lie; not even two weeks ago I ate like 1.5 pounds of potato salad for lunch with nothing else accompanying it and called it good.  But still.