Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Grand Theft Chewing

The other night I was enjoying a chew and "cruising the streets", aka aimlessly playing Grand Theft Auto, not even attempting any missions, just roaming around, creating death and destruction, showing a wanton disregard for human life.  After stealing a car and mowing down a few dozen pedestrians, beating up a cop and stealing his gun and car, I was careening through the streets on my way to the airport, so I could take the police chase to the runways.  Dodging incoming and outgoing planes while on the run from the law just adds a little extra spice to your life, you know?

I was particularly fired up during this particular rampage against the citizens and law enforcement of Liberty City, and in my excitement, I neglected to realize that the cap was still on my spitter.  My spit ricocheted off the bottle, all over my shirt, controller, the carpet around me....just chew spit.  Everywhere.  I paused the game and thought about how this shouldn't be a problem that a 31-year-old has to deal with....then I shrugged, un-paused the game, and ramped my car into the adjacent ocean, bringing four police cars with me.  Because we all know that nobody leaves the airport alive.

So that was my Friday night.  How was yours?