Monday, August 5, 2013

Back Up In Your Ass With The Resurrection

I've always thought that the two movies that I quoted the most, that most shaped my life, were Dumb & Dumber and Anchorman. But after this last weekend, I may be willing to switch my argument.

On Friday, JDub and I had this back-and-forth, regarding a check I wrote for him a couple months ago that he hasn't cashed yet:



Before the Grammar Police points it out: Yes, I spelled Lumbergh wrong, and yes, JDub used you're instead of your. Sorry for partying.


On Saturday, I had these two exchanges:

Scene: Golf course pro shop, two guys named Mike walk in the same time

Hendo and I, at the same time: Hi Bob!.....Bob.



Scene: My nephew Camden's birthday party, saying goodbye to a parent of another child I met earlier that day

Darren: Nice meeting you Jim, have a good one!

Me: Hey, pleasure's all on this side of the table!


Then, on Sunday:

Scene: A lazy, rainy afternoon on the couch, watching the Bridgestone Invitational. The cameras zoom in on Jason Dufner while he is sporting an egregious case of chew-lip.




Teens: Gross!!!!!! That is absolutely disgusting.

Me: THAT IS WHY DUFNER IS AWESOME.

Teens: He should have to spit that out!

Me: What?!?! It's only chew.

Teens: But this is the PGA Tour, not a round of golf with his friends. This should be illegal.

Me: This isn't Riyadh. They're not gonna saw your hands off here...

Teens: ~Confused silence, followed by eye roll~ Oh. Office Space.

Me: Lovvvvvvve youuuuuuuuuuu.


***************

So if you're scoring at home, that's one well-played zinger (the Lumbergh line) one where I was stretching quite a bit (Riyadh), one that I use all the time without realizing it (I've said "Pleasure's all on this side of the table" probably 200 times in my life), and one where you might as well tip your cap after you say it, since it's so obligatory-- the Bob line. I mean, what else are you supposed to say when you see two people with the same name at the same time? Of COURSE you have to reference The Bobs.

The weird thing is that this is pretty much a standard few days for me. It certainly wasn't intentional, to turn this weekend into a Mike Judge movie. This post wasn't even supposed to be about Office Space quotes; originally I was just going to write about Dufner and his chewing on the course, that reminded me of everything else that occurred, and I pulled the ol' switcheroo.

I don't really have a point here; I just thought it was bizarre. Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays.