Friday, April 27, 2012

You Put Two Of America's Most Wanted In The Same Muthafuckin' Place At The Same Muthafuckin' Time?

Full backstory:  when I was younger (younger meaning from 1996 all the way until probably about six months ago) I believed that Tupac faked his death.  I had done hours and hours of "research", to the point that when I based my final Lit paper in senior year of high school on this topic, I barely had to crack a book since I already knew pretty much everything.  (Yes, I got an A on the paper.  When I did my final speech on Tupac the next year in college, I got an A+ and a "Wow!" comment from the professor.  West Si-yeeeeeed!)



So I have to admit, when I watched the first couple seconds of this clip, my heart skipped a beat or two, since I had not heard anything about this hologram stuff at Coachella prior to loading this video. That was some realistic shit.  If this had occurred in 2003 (when I originally predicted Pac was going to resurface from faking his death) I would've started running around the room and calling all my friends before I could've realized it was a hologram and not really a human being. And can you imagine if I was actually at Coachella, with no prior information, under the influence of who knows what kinds of drugs, and all of a sudden Tupac just magically appears onstage?  That would've been my heart attack that I've been waiting on for a few years now.  The filthy grounds of Coachella, surrounded by hipsters and portapotties and cigarette butts and glowsticks and sunglasses being worn at night, would've been my deathbed.  Game over, man.  Game over.

OK, real talk:  I still think there's a chance that Tupac faked his death.  I'm not ready to give up that dream yet.