Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Sorry Dudes

I'm well aware that I'm a shitty blogger these days. To paraphrase a line from Mr. Burns from the "Who Shot Mr. Burns" episode, "There has been a shocking decline in both the quality and quantity of your blogging, Waylon. And you will fall into line, now!"

But rather than summon up the creativity needed to follow up that intro with an entertaining post, I'm just here to post links to two awesome things I've seen within the last week, both courtesy of Grantland. Just so you can kill at least a little bit of time while you're here.

1. A March Madness-style bracket of characters from The Wire, done by Grantland. One of those ideas I wish I would've thought of myself. Now I want to do one for The Simpsons, Beverly Hills, 90210, etc. etc. Endless possibilities. So awesome.

2. Anthony Richardson, an internet comedian who does little voice-overs for FIFA soccer video games, with hilarious results. And the one he did for an NBA video game (scroll down on that link) is probably even funnier. Not knowing anything about soccer, but trying to become a fan, has led me to say all kinds of nonsensical things in a heavy British accent while watching games. Basically just cracking myself up while annoying everyone around me. So maybe that's why I think this is so funny-- I'm just enjoying a funnier, more British-sounding version of myself. If Christine were to listen to these clips, she'd probably breakout in hives or seizures, as she is reminded of me when I'm at my (arguably) most annoying. I, on the other hand, could listen to Richardson all day. My kind of dude.

FYI, my blogging will probably only get worse from here. It's March Madness, I have no room in my brain for anything else. It's science.