Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas And Stuff

Christmas week was solid. Ate a lot of Red Pepper. Drank a lot at Bonzer's. Lost more money in under 10 minutes of blackjack at Charlie Brown's than I paid for in drinks the whole week (this is more a statement on how much Bonzer's hooks us up than on how much I lost in blackjack. But still, not even two shoes? C'mon, man.)

Saw plenty of people I wanted to, saw a couple people unexpectedly that were a very pleasant surprise, saw a couple more unexpectedly that I could've gone without seeing, got blatantly hit on by a female that I DEFINITELY didn't need to be solicited by, yada yada yada. Strikes and gutters, my man. Too much happened over too long a span of time to get into detail. Also, I'd never taken that much time off of work before, all my trips are usually little wham-bam-thank you ma'am weekend trips, or maybe a Thursday-Sunday, so now I'm slammed at work like never before.

Possibly the highlight of the whole week: when the KU/California game came on Wednesday night, and my boy Brady Morningstar was sporting his baggy undershirt again. My phone immediately blew up like it was my birthday. Lots of high fives and laughter in the bar. As Jim Nantz would say, "What a moment!" Bigs up to the Brady Morningstar Undershirt Brigade. The power of the internet, people. It's a very real thing.

On a serious note, a couple awful things happened over break as well. The big car accident at the airport in Grand Forks that killed two small children-- their father (who was driving and survived, along with one other son) is a friend of the family. Also, my family and I don't do Christmas presents for each other anymore, we take that money and donate it to one of my mom's friends, since her 14-year-old daughter is very sick, and medical bills are literally crushing her family's finances. Anyway, they found out on Christmas Eve that there isn't anything else the doctors can do now except ease the pain until she passes. Tragedies obviously suck no matter when they happen, but it seems like it's just a little bit worse when they happen around Christmas. So thoughts and prayers to both of those families.