Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Four Loko- Not So Loco

Had my first Four Loko on Saturday during tailgating. I was supremely disappointed. As expected, it tasted like poison, but despite having five beers before it, and somewhere in the double digits after it, I wasn't that fucked up. From the stories I had been hearing, I prepared myself for some serious shenanigans, but I really didn't notice that much of a difference in my buzz. I didn't do or say anything particularly ridiculous either. (For comparison, the last time I tailgated, I a) told my roommate's dad that if I ever slept with his daughter, I would give him a high-five- but I hadn't yet, so I was just going to shake his hand; and b) told another friend's mom that gambling on the Chiefs is like banging a fat girl: it seems like an OK idea at the time, but you don't tell any of your friends, and afterward you swear it will never happen again. I guess my parent filter was broken that day.

So as of Monday, Four Loko has been officially banned in the state of Kansas, but I can't say I see what the big deal is. College kids these days are just pussies if they are passing out and dying from that stuff.


I used this picture of this random guy that came up when I googled Four Loko only because he looks exactly like one of my cousins from Baltimore. In fact, if somebody told me it was him, I'd probably believe them. When we were growing up, we got along great and always looked forward to visiting each other. We traded baseball cards, played video games, played hot box and had infield practice, etc. etc. Now, um, we don't have very much in common. He routinely takes apart and rebuilds cars...I just learned how to operate my emergency brake last week. Also, there's nothing wrong with ZZ Top, per se...I could just never grow one of those beards with any success. We'll always have our childhood friendship, though.


*****************


Hey, did you hear The Miz is the champion of the WWE? I don't watch wrestling or The Real World anymore, but I still think this is awesome. The Real World: New York season that The Miz was on was one of the last that I watched, and really for only two reasons: The Miz being awesome, and Coral's gigantic boobs (three reasons?) So kudos to you, Miz, you finally made it.


*****************


For the first time since I moved down to Lawrence, my parents will be coming down for Thanksgiving, instead of me driving up. And of course the weather is gonna be dicey, so now the potential exists for them to not make it down in time. The only plus side to that is I would have my first ever Thanksgiving dinner with friends instead of family, or as Brother and I call it, a Beverly Hills 90210 holiday. We always loved how as soon as Jim and Cindy Walsh moved to Hong Kong, the gang didn't miss a beat, and everyone would just come over to Casa Walsh and have dinner together. Jim and Cindy never came back to visit once for the holidays. Merry Christmas, kids! See you next time we run short on storylines!

Have a good Thanksgiving weekend. This year, I'm most thankful for the KU baskeball ticket scandal finally being blown open, which resulted in an abundance of season ticket packages that previously were being stolen by the ticket department now being available this year, which resulted in me becoming a half-season ticket holder. It's the little things, you know?