Friday, March 12, 2010

Bill Self Plays 'Never Ever Have I Ever'

"Never ever have I ever.....taken the defending national champions and coached them right out of an NCAA tournament bid the next year."





"Ohhhhhhhh shit, finish your drink, Roy! "



I'll be honest; when KU destroyed North Carolina in the '08 Final Four, pretty much all my bitterness towards Ol' Roy went out the window. I could finally let bygones be bygones. But when Carolina got the #4 preseason ranking before this year started, I was mildly pissed. KU won the title in '08, lost everybody except Sherron Collins and Cole Aldrich, brought in a good (solid if unspectacular) freshman class, and all they got was the token "well, you're the defending champs....go ahead, you can be #25" preseason ranking the next year. Meanwhile, Carolina wins the title, loses everybody except Ed Davis, Deon Thompson, and the injured Marcus Ginyard, brings in a good (though wildly overrated) freshman class.....and they're ranked preseason #4? Four?!?!?!?! What a joke. At least the regular season proved that.

Enjoy the NIT! You should be a solid 5 or 6 seed in that tournament.