Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Little Housekeeping

>> So I figured an attempt at relative anonymity was in order, as well as long overdue. I scored a new job, and where before I was kinda the man behind the man, now my name will become slightly more recognizable in the community. The whole 'google my name and find the blog' thing wasn't gonna be acceptable anymore. So hence the alias of Jum Hammonds (background story: we showed up for a basketball camp in high school, and went to check the list to see how we were split up into our teams for the camp. After scouring the list over and over again without finding my name, we discovered that there WAS a Jum Hammonds on the list, which was apparently what the coaches thought my name from the registration forms was. Um, I don't write that illegibly. And besides, who names their kid Jum? Kind of a good microcosm for my whole high school basketball career, but that's neither here nor there. Anyways, once it was determined that Jum Hammonds was actually me, everyone died laughing, and on that day an instant classic nickname was born.)

>> I tried to recreate everything here from the old blog (and even some improvements- how 'bout that baller-ass picture of Brady Morningstar in the top right? Holla!) but unfortunately, when you import a blog, it will only bring 200 comments with. So for the people that love to go back and read old posts and the arguments in the comments....sorry. Don't hate the playa, hate the internet. And for the newcomers that discover this blog and go back and read the archives...people did indeed read this before December, don't worry.

>> If starting a new job isn't exciting enough, we're also going through the process of looking at townhomes and making offers and whatnot. So I've got two of the four most stressful life events covered, why don't I just get married and have a kid while I'm at it? (Answers: 1) because Selena Gomez is still 6 months away from age 18, and American society tends to frown upon that sort of thing; and 2) because after a down payment on a townhouse, I won't have enough money to buy a baby on the black market- or at least a quality one, anyway. We're in a recession, you know.)

>> The Colorado trip was fantastic as expected, with the normal batch of running jokes and excessive hilarity sprinkled throughout the weekend. With a twist: Alfonso proposed to Katie Z on the chairlift ride up the mountain on Friday, and we celebrated appropriately with 40's and cheap champagne that night. So congrats, kids. Although Alfonso was gonna be my "if we're both single at age 40, we'll just become life partners" safety husband. I guess I'll adjust.

>> Awesome Super Bowl, I couldn't be happier about the Colts losing. I feel better about football in general when Peyton Manning is known as a choker, instead of the greatest QB in history. He annoys me to no end. Kind of ridiculous that The Who didn't open with 'Baba O'Riley', though. Brutal, really. What a waste of one of the greatest intros in music history.

>> Did I mention that I'm deathly sick right now? You know what's more fun than having a temperature, hacking up your lungs multiple times a day, and blowing your nose every 18 seconds? Having all that during your first week at a new job. Just awesome.