Monday, January 11, 2010

The 'Meh' List

With the end of a decade comes an all-you-can-eat buffet of "Best of the Decade" lists. Slightly less popular, yet still quite prevalent, are the "Worst of the Decade" lists. It's always fun to name off the things you loved or hated the most- I'll probably make a 'best of' list at some point. But what about the things you were absolutely indifferent about? The things you would neither recommend nor....un-recommend? Is that a word? These things deserve recognition as well. So here are, in my opinion, the most absolutely average movies I watched in the last 10 years. My Middle 10 Movies of the Decade:

10. Ocean's 12- it was nice to get the ol' crew back together, I guess.

9. 28 Days Later- Zombies and shit.

8. Hide and Seek- ahhh, so Robert De Niro has a split personality, and he's also the bad guy. Fair enough, fair enough. Spoiler alert.

7. Mystic River- really? This won awards?

6. Napoleon Dynamite- there's a Family Guy episode that fires a little zinger at Napoleon Dynamite; I don't remember the line exactly, but it's something to the effect of "I don't find this particulary funny, but I can understand people who do." That sums up my thoughts perfectly.

5. Invincible- it's not like I wanted Marky Mark to get cut from the Eagles or anything....but I wasn't jumping for joy when he made the team, either.

4. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button- worth watching once. And only once.

3. Juno- see Dynamite, Napoleon.

2. Mr. and Mrs. Smith- I have the exact same reaction every time I'm flicking channels and see it: "Hm. Mr. and Mrs. Smith is on." And then I watch it for about 10 or 15 minutes, and then I wonder what else is on.

1. You, Me, and Dupree- perfectly average in every way. Exactly the kind of comedy you'd expect when your two male stars (Owen Wilson and Matt Dillon) are Scottie Pippens, not Michael Jordans.




Yours?