Friday, November 13, 2009

Time To Get Ill

>> Here's my pledge to you guys: every time that Tyler Hansbrough makes another shitty commercial, I will bring it to you. Every time. This one doesn't have any pedophile undertones, but it's at least 10 times dumber. (Also, someone please tell Psycho T to stop putting up 12 shots a game. Not only is he cutting into Brandon Rush's shots, but I've got a $20 bet** that he won't finish in the top 5 in the Rookie of the Year voting, and Hansbrough isn't helping me by jacking up shots like he's dying. He's not supposed to shoot except for putbacks and whatever free throws the ACC refs who followed him to the pros bail him out with.)

**The guy I have the bet with is a "huge" North Carolina fan, despite the fact that he was born and raised in Lawrence, Kansas, in the middle of one of the biggest basketball hotbeds in America. This scenario screams one of two things: "Baaaaaaandwagon!" or "I'm desperately trying to be different than everyone else!" It's like when I was in elementary school, and went through a year-long phase where I started cheering for Central High School sports, despite not having a parent who went to school there; having multiple friends with older brothers and sisters playing sports at Red River; and not having a single friend who even lived in the entire Central school district. Basically, I did it because a) I wanted to be different from all my friends, and b) there was a black guy who played for Central's basketball team who wore one knee-high sock and one low sock, and I thought it was the coolest thing on the planet. What was his name again?



I don't have anything to add here, this is just awesome. If anyone was wondering what to get me for Christmas....this blanket will do fine, just fine.


>> The Gangel Express rolls into town tonight for the Nebraska game (not really the game, per se, just the tailgating) and Ashley and a bunch of girls arrive tomorrow morning. For those of you who have been to our apartment, you know that it does NOT sleep 8 people comfortably. I'm pretty sure it's against our fire code, in fact. I think the plan is that Gangel and I are having a dudes-only slumber party in the living room, I'm giving up my half of the bed for a girl to share with Alex (that's hot) and then the Fortress of Solitude is gonna be invaded by girls. Should be interesting. In the category of 'going to the bathroom at 5 a.m., and then "accidentally" stumbling into the wrong room and climbing into a bed full of girls' Vegas has me at 4-1 and Gangel at 2-5. For my money, the safe bet is that at some point Ashley ends up rolling around in the backseat of the Element (I tried like seven different ways to type that sentence without making it sound dirty, and that's the best I could do. She really does enjoy taking full advantage of the extensive floor space in the backseat of the Element.)

In any event, we're gonna get Tyler Durden-drunk on Saturday (because we won't have any recollection of what we do from the hours of midnight-7 a.m.) The first rule in Project Mayhem is YOU DON'T ASK QUESTIONS.