Thursday, October 22, 2009

Kill Screen Coming Up, If You're Interested

>> Well, kids, the jig is up. 8+ years after I moved out of my parents' house, I am finally paying for cable television. After a year in the dorms, five at Culligan Manor (where the cable was free, cheap beer flowed like water, and beautiful women instinctively flocked like the salmon of Capistrano) a year in Lawrence where cable was included in the rent, and another year and a half of illegal free action....it's finally all over. Apparently they're running some city-wide door-to-door check, offering a free "amnesty period" where if they find you're hooked up illegally, they won't fine you, but your reign of free cable terror is officially over. However, I wasn't aware of this amnesty period at the time that the cable guy (sadly, it wasn't Jim Carrey) showed up at my door and started asking questions. There was a lot of "Say whaaaaaat?" and "I thought my roommate had been paying that every month" on my part, until the guy told me to relax, that we weren't in trouble.

So although it sucks that I'm actually paying money for TV now, there are a couple of bright spots. One is that we finally have fast and reliable internet now, so it takes roughly half the time for me to download pics of Selena Gomez; and two is that I have now entered the exciting world of DVR. A world I had been longing to live in for quite a while now. It's pretty awesome to wait until a sporting event is half an hour in (and yes, I'm using that extra half an hour of free time to google Selena Gomez) then be able to fast forward through commercials. Likewise, it's great to record a bunch of JFK assassination specials, then watch them all back-to-back in the wee hours of the morning when I can't sleep. (Side note: after I was a couple hours deep in JFK conspiracy shows, I started to realize that Lee Harvey Oswald kinda looks like Stenj. Has anyone made that connection before?)


I'm not making this up, am I? I mean, throw a Florida Gators Starter jacket on him and it's identical, right?


>> After what is now referred to as the George Bell Incident, which was all fun and giggles at the time, I thought that after a couple days passed, I would be able to text questions to CHA CHA and once again they would answer me. Bygones would be bygones. Unfortunately, this is not the case. They still refuse to answer my questions, and so far Google is letting me down- so now, hoping against hope, I'm hoping that someone will be able to answer me this question: what is the name of the song that plays from about the 34 second mark to about the 1:06 mark in the King of Kong trailer? Even though I said I was done pimping that movie.....seriously, watch it. WATCH it. Your help in answering my question is appreciated.


Also, this portrait entitled "Finding Waldo" is pretty awesome: