Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Rock Bottom?

I lost my big kid's job and I'm working at a golf course.

26 years of eating fast food like I'm starring in the sequel to Supersize Me, and only exercising when it involves some sort of score being kept is catching up on me, and for the first time in my life, I'm looking down the barrel at two bills every time I step on a scale.

After my two hole-outs in 10 days earlier this summer, my golf game bottomed out to the point that I'm going back to square one and completely retooling my swing.

All these things are manageable. Ain't no thing but a chicken wing on a string. From Burger King.

However.

I just downloaded a Miley Cyrus song.

And not because Miley falls into my Hilary Duff/Lindsay Lohan/Selena Gomez Uncomfortably Attractive At A Very Young Age Hall of Fame (she's probably the next tier down from that.) Some guy played the song 'Party in the USA' for Crappy Song Friday, then we started playing it every hour on the hour, because it completely ruins our boss' day every time we play it (a la Alfonso hearing any given Rush song) and one thing led to another and boom, I was hooked.


So THIS is what rock bottom feels like.