Friday, August 21, 2009

You Win This Round, iTunes

The internet and I have a love/hate relationship. I can't discount all the hilarious videos, websites, and completely random stuff it's given me (the latest awesome thing I stumbled into: a site where they sell t-shirt jerseys of movie characters. Hello, #99 Adam Banks j-shirt!) But it seems like every time I need it most, it lets me down. Immediately after I requested song recommendations from all of you, and received dozens of songs to download....my Limewire stopped working. Unbelievable. Why don't you just kick my dog while you're here. As a result, I haven't downloaded a new song since like February. I've heard some good songs since then, but none that have made want to shell out the 99 cents (almost a whole dollar! that's crack prices, yo!) to buy it on iTunes.

Until now.

I heard this song on some random blog a couple days ago, and immediately googled it. When I first watched the Youtube link, there were about 2,500 views, and I quickly added about 20 on to that number.

It's not really my typical kind of song (read: it's not 6 minutes long with an extended jam session in the middle; nobody's yelling anything funny in the background; and there aren't any lyrics bragging about surviving 9 gunshot wounds) but hey, I'm nothing if not flexible with my taste in music. It's just one of those instances where a certain song catches you at a certain time, annnnnnd boom goes the dynamite.

So after 4 years of owning an iPod, I finally bought a song on iTunes. Move down the bench, single episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Game 2 of the 2007 ALDS, and 1987-2007 editions of One Shining Moment videos.....I've got some actual music in my purchased items.


Hey, Soul Sister as performed by Train



Happy Friday. Get out there, get sauced, and get some nice-nice tonight.