Thursday, March 19, 2009

My Friends

My intercom buzzes, and the receptionist says: "Jim? There's a Ben Woodside for you on line 1..."

I successfully stifle my laughter, debate whether I should have her send the caller to voicemail, and finally compose myself and pick up the line: "This is Jim."

Accompanied by someone who strangely resembles Noles giggling in the background, I hear a voice that sounds suspiciously like Fundy: "Hey, uhhhh....this is Ben Woodside...uhhh...you're goin' down tomorrow!"

I suppose this is what I get for working on the opening day of March Madness (Dunph when I told you that I was at the Sprint Center, in the 7th row behind Memphis' bench, that was a dirty lie and I'm sorry- Lane and Jud made me do it)...but still, giving out my work phone number was EASILY the dumbest thing I've done so far in 2009. Well, there was the time I accidentally overdosed on allergy medicine and tried to fistfight a dog outside a gas station because I thought it called me a racial slur....so maybe this is the second dumbest thing I've done in 2009.


I hope everyone is enjoying the greatest day of the year. Please no more prank calls at work, even if it's 1:30 in the afternoon and you're already six beers deep and you think it sounds like an AWESOME idea.