Monday, October 6, 2008

Craptastic Voyage

Another wedding weekend in the books. Details to come soon. This one wasn't as rough on my body as Paul and Mandy's, but by no means do I feel anywhere close to healthy today. Listening to the Red Sox lose in extra innings last night on crappy, static-filled radio stations while driving in a constant rain was a pretty fitting end to my day. Just an awful drive.

Also, after the Cubs' shocking meltdown against the Dodgers, the Chicago trip is officially postponed until further notice (meaning not anytime soon.) For the Chicagoans who may be upset with me, here is a list of people you can pin your blame on, if it makes you feel better:

Ryan Dempster (7 walks in 4 2/3 innings)
Alfonso Soriano (.071 batting average)
Kosuke Fukodome (.100)
Aramis Ramirez (.182)
Geovany Soto (.200)

My condolences go out to Fundy. If Psycho T suddenly transfers to Duke or something, then you will basically be living my life as a sports fan, circa 2003. Needless to say that so far you are, um, handling it slightly better than I did back then.

Cubs fans could also probably get a little angry with my boy Manny, who hit .500 with a couple homers, an on-base percentage of .643, and an OPS of 1.743. That's ridiculous. I know that the media is telling me that I should hate Manny now, especially with the slight possibility of a Dodgers/Red Sox World Series, but I just can't do that. I'm not ready. Plus, the Sox still have to finish off the Angels tonight in Game 4. After a tough loss last night, the bright side is that John Lackey is terrified of Fenway Park in October. I'm usually too pessimistic to be cocky before a playoff game, but I don't think this will end well for the Angels. REDRUM! REDRUM!



Come play with us, Lackey......forever.....and ever.....and ever.